Describing places with like and be like guessing game
Choose one place in this country or one place in the world, but don’t say the name. Answer your partner’s questions like those below until they guess what the place is. They can only guess once per question.
Useful phrases for playing the game
“That could be right, but in this place…”
“No, that can’t be right, because…”
“I’m not sure. Can I ask another question?”
Like and be like questions to ask about places
- Do you like this place?
- What do you like about this place?
- What do you dislike about this place?
- 是什么”s the weather like?/ How’s the weather?
- Do you like the weather there?
- Do you like any food from there?
- 是什么”s the food like?
- What are the people like? What do they like doing?
- 是什么”s the countryside like?
- What are the cities like?
- What is the music like? Do you like it?
- What is the transport like?
Ask about any questions above which you don’t understand, you couldn’t answer, etc.
Like and be like grammar presentation
Find at least one question above for each of these descriptions:
- The answer could be “Yes, I do”
- The answer could be “I like…”
- The answer could be “It is…”
- “Like” is a verb which is the opposite of “to dislike”
- “Like” is a verb which means something like “enjoy”
- “Like” is not a verb
- The question is asking about your feelings, favourites, etc
- The question is asking you to describe something