Text Statistics Analyser
"I simply wanted to thank you on the great text analyser and its robustness. It has certainly sped up my work."
"I've been using this website for a long time and it's always been the best place to answer all my questions, so thanks so much for your help that deserves millions of thanks."
Get Useful Text Statistics.Research the structure of your text.
This, the standard version of our text analyser, shows you summary statistics about your text to help you understand its complexity and readability. It's perfect for use by students, translators, writers and anyone wanting to understand their text statistically.
- Total Word Count
- Total Word Count (Excluding Common Words)
- Number of Different Words
- Different Words (Excluding Common Words)
- Number of Paragraphs
- Number of Sentences
- Words per Sentence
- Number of Characters (all)
- Number of Characters (a-z)
- Characters per Word
- Syllables per Word
Ouradvanced text analysergives a much more detailed analysis of text with many more statistics.
Test Your Readability.Discover how understandable your text is.
Use thesereadability statisticsto help you assess the complexity of a text and how hard it is to read and understand. These industry-standard tests are designed to give you a statistical analysis of the difficulty of your text, allowing you to see if it's going to engage with your desired audience.
- Hard Words (three or more syllables and doesn't contain a hyphen)
- Long Words (more than 6 characters)
- Lexical Density
- Gunning Fog Readability Index
- Coleman-Liau Index(part of our advanced text analyser)
- Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level(part of our advanced text analyser)
- Flesch Reading Ease(part of our advanced text analyser)
- ARI (Automated Readability Index)(part of our advanced text analyser)
- SMOG Grade(part of our advanced text analyser)
- Laesbarhedsindex (LIX)(part of our advanced text analyser)
Word Length Breakdown.Does a text use long or short words?
The word length analysis page displays a list of words grouped by their length. You can see a graph of the distribution of all words by word length alongside a graph showing the percentage of words by word length.
Following that you have access to the raw word-length and frequency data in the form of a table:
Word Frequency Cloud.Which are the most frequently used words?
Lastly, we help you visualise the word frequency of a text via the word frequency cloud, which shows each word in a bigger or smaller text size, depending on how many times it is found in the text. The bigger the word, the more frequently it occurs. Very common words have been removed to allow you to see the important words in the text. Note: The results work better with longer texts.
Our Advanced Analyser.Get even more statistics about your text.
The advanced version of our text analyser gives a much more detailed analysis of text with many more statistics, analysis by word length, by word frequency and by common phrases.
Advanced Features Include:
- Save up to 20 texts for future reference and comparison
- Analyse longer texts of up to 100,000 characters
- AGraded Text Analysistool
- A fully sortable Word Frequency List
- A complete breakdown of the text by Word Length
- Additional readability scores, such as theColeman-Liau Grade,Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level,Flesch Reading Ease,ARI (Automated Readability Index),SMOG GradeandLaesbarhedsindex (LIX)